All through history we are told, “ Be ourselves, express ourselves. ” Everyone has the right to be who they wanna be but not everyone is sure how to show they support this. So here is a few tips on how to bring a more positive and open minded world to the future.
- Educate yourself with the history, vocabulary and offensive and non offensive terms of LGBTQ+.
- Be respectful of their choices as everyone has the right to be themselves.
- Smile. Smiling is a simple gesture that can go a long way.
- Make them feel accepted not judged, manners cost nothing neither does kindness.
- Don’t make assumption, its okay to ask but don’t be nosey and make them feel pressured.
- Make an effort with their pronouns, this will show respect and make them feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Making mistakes is ok, just make sure you correct them.
- Have a positive attitude as tone and body language is everything.
- Don’t accept bullying, don’t be afraid to stick up for what’s right, show support.
- Don’t focus on the differences, make them feel included.
“All people should be treated equally regardless of who they are or who they choose to love”.