Do you suck at talking to people? Conversations just ain’t your thing? It’s okay, the best way is the question way.
Question everything! Show your interest with questions, it’s a great way for you to get the conversation going and to make the person you’re talking to feel more comfortable and open up more. But wait… what questions do I ask? Good question! Try talking about their passions and interests, people can talk about something that they’re passionate about in depth. How do you avoid the conversation stoppers? What’s that? Conversation stoppers are when you get the short answers of ‘I don’t know’ or ‘yeah’ or ‘not really’. The way you can avoid them is with elaboration, use the ‘how’s’, ‘whats’, ‘why’s’ and maybe a little torture to draw out conversation… I joke of course. Questions such as ‘what do you do for work?’ can open up loads of possible connections you can make in the conversation and help you get to know the person in more depth.
10 top fun questions to start a conversation…
- What do you do for work?
- What’s your biggest passion?
- If you could have any superpower what would you choose?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- If you could go back and relive one day what would it be?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your ideal ﬁrst date?
- What would your dream job be?
- If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
Smile, be relaxed, don’t stress, feel conﬁdent, just go with the ﬂow, listen and pay attention to details. These short and simple tips will help you to have a positive conversation with new people.
“All relationships start with a smile.”