5 simple steps HR can do to help make businesses more green.
- Be a role model. Going digital with policies, payslips and other company documents are a great way to inﬂuence the go paperless scheme; these are environmentally friendly ways to share and communicate.
- A simple tip is to help switch oﬀ lights and electronics at the end of the day. This helps more than you realise, you could also try sensor lights as they are another way to greatly reduce energy.
- When supporting sustainable charities, if HR is in control of the organisations then they can push to support environmentally sustainable practices, for example WWF or GreenPeace.
- Another great way to push your team and other businesses to be more green is doing an employee discount scheme. Push and support environmentally friendly products/supplies and business and to help yourself become mre green.
- Having environmentally friendly cleaning products in all businesses is also an excellent way to support, promote and influence an environmentally friendly business and a great way to keep your colleagues healthy and safe. Environmentally friendly cleaning products don’t contain harming chemicals and usually made from plants and most of the time comes in reusable bottles. Top brands include, Eco egg, HomeThings, Clean Living and many more.
“Make a big impact, by making little impacts.”