You have an auntie? An uncle? Both? Well you need to know all about the 26th of July, the day you show appreciation and love to your Aunties and Uncles.
Being an aunt of 3 myself, I know that many will agree in saying it’s an amazing title to have. I love it! My niece and nephews make me so proud and watching them grow up every day into these amazing, caring, clever, funny kids is one of the best feelings.
Auntie – “Only an auntie can give hugs like a mum, keep a secret like a sister and share love like a friend.”
Uncle – “It’s like having a great coach, a favourite teacher, a big brother and a best friend all rolled into one.”
If you’re reading this and you have aunties and uncles then show them some love! Here is a list of easy and cute ideas that I know they would love and appreciate!
1. Create an Auntie/Uncle day – spending quality time doing the things
you both love together.
2. Make them a personalised gift like a photo album filled with photos they can look through and reminisce over all the memories you created together. That’s super cute!
3. Write them a thank you letter. I know they will treasure it forever.
4. Go for a meal together, some quality time and food – you can’t go wrong!
5. Put some cute pics on social media and put #AuntAndUnclesDay
“Today be Thankful, think how rich you are. Your family is priceless. Your health is wealth. Your time is gold.”
Alexandra is a junior account manager, who also has her own small business called Petals and Pearls. She has a creative mindset and has a passion for dance.