Fashion Week is an event for the fashion industry where designers and brands showcase their latest collections on runways for the buyers and the media to see. This event occurs twice a year. For example, there is the spring/summer collection and the autumn/winter collection. Mainly, these are shown in the four major fashion capitals in the world: New York, Paris, London, and Milan.
When is Fashion Week?
Fashion Week happens every February and September. However, as the fashion industry is expanding, there are also shows happening worldwide throughout the year. For example, in Nonthaburi, Thailand, they are presenting a showcase for the menswear & womenswear Spring/Summer collection, from November 29th to December 2nd 2021.
Upcoming Fashion Events in 2021
As the year is coming to the end, the majority of the fashion events have already happened. The only upcoming fashion events are:
- Black Friday, November 26th where many stores offer prices for their products in stores.
- New York Fashion Week Pre-fall and Fall/Winter collection which is happening from December 6th to December 10th.
Upcoming Fashion events in 2022
New York Fashion Week
- NYFW Fall/Winter happening from February 11th to February 16th.
- NYFW Bridal happening from April 6th to April 8th.
- NYFW Spring/Summer happening from September 9th to September 14th.
London Fashion Week
- LFW Fall/Winter happening from February 18th to February 22nd.
- LFW Men’s happening from June 11th to June 13th.
- LFW Spring/Summer happening from September 16th to September 20th.
Milan Fashion Week
- MFW Fall/Winter happening from February 22nd to February 28th.
- MFW Spring/Summer happening from September 20th to September 26th.
Paris Fashion Week
- PFW Fall/Winter happening from February 2nd to March 8th.
- PFW Men’s happening from June 21st to June 26th.
- Paris Haute Couture happening from July 3rd to July 7th.
How to get into Fashion Events!
Before Fashion Week, invitations are sent out. These invitations usually go out to Fashion journalists, Photographers, designers, clothing manufacturers, celebrities, and distributors.
How do I get an invitation?
Well, you need to be able to bring something to the table. For example, journalists are invited because they provide press coverage for the media.
- Be a fashion journalist
- Be a model
- Be a host
- Be an influencer
- Be a stylist
- Be a photographer
Applying for an Invitation: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Research the shows you want to attend.
The British Fashion Council will provide you with a schedule of designers who are showing. Research a designer you like and decide which event you would like to attend. Once you have decided, make sure to look for contact details.
2. Send emails and RSVP.
Email the designer/brand and let them know you are interested in their brand and would like to attend the show. Make sure to include ‘Ticket request’ in the subject line so they know you are asking to attend.
How to write the perfect email!
3. Make sure you have an invite.
Check your emails to see if you are accepted to attend the show. If you did not receive a ticket, chase them up and call to confirm whether your request was successful or not.
4. Turn up early and dress as a stylist or professional.
Arriving early will give the best first impression of yourself. Being well-dressed will also ensure that you leave a positive impression as a guest.
Poi is a content creator that has a podcast on her YouTube channel called "TheUnderratedRappers". While producing content, she also spends her time filming, editing and working besides artists.