The Les Twins, Larry and Laurent, are well-known dancers across the world who have performed for artists like Beyoncé and Missy Elliott, becoming the winners of World Dance, the reality dance competition. The twins are multi-talented entertainers, choreographers, and self-taught dancers. Now, they travel across the world dancing with different street dancers, doing workshops, and teaching their original choreography. Here are some successes they have achieved so far just from dancing!
Facts About the Les Twins:
- The twins started dancing at a young age when they were 5 years old and have a family full of dancers.
- They were born in 1988 on the 6th of December, Sagittarius season.
- The brothers have modeled for French haute couture fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Before they became celebrities, they walked for many shows.
- They performed at Revel Presents: Beyonce in Atlantic City, back in 2012.
- Laurent and Larry were star dancers on the Micheal Jackson: The Immortal world tour in December 2011.
- The twins signed with Next Model Management in Paris in 2010 and have walked in Paris fashion week.
- The Twins made an appearance in the movie, Men in Black in 2019.
- Beyonce taught the Twins how to speak English. They mentioned that they both didn’t know how to speak when they first met and that Beyonce taught them very well.
- Les Twins are judges in Révolution.
A video of the Les Twins interview you should watch that will motivate you!
Want to Become a Better Dancer?
- Watch and learn. Have a look at who inspires you to dance, this could be the Les Twins or even movies like Step Up. I recommend you to watch the first Step Up starring Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan. While watching, you can learn new moves or skills that can be incorporated into your dance choreography. In the film, Channing had to learn a new dance in order for him and Jenna to dance as a duo.
- Exploring different types of dance, and being able to dance to different genres will boost your skills and will make you stand out. You can look into afrobeat dance, pop&lock, etc.
- Practice. The only way to get better and improve is to keep practising. Practice your moves, re-listen to music to understand where the beat comes and goes, and feel the beat in your body.
- Be unique. Nowadays, everyone is trying to be the same. If you are yourself and show off your moves that have never been done before, it will make it easy for you to stand out.
Where Have the Les Twin danced?
Recently the Les Twins has been on BattleBadTV
Les twins Judge démos juste debout Tokyo 2020
The Les twins performance at NBC World Of Dance
Dance Competitions You Should Go For!
The UK Dance Elite Championship is Britain’s biggest dance competition calling out for all dancers, any age and any style. The winner will take home £3000 plus a life-changing trip to Hollywood and the Dance Elite Championship trophy. They mentioned that the previous participants have secured sponsorship opportunities, TV work, and top agencies in the UK and LA.
To enter Hip Hop International, all contestants will need to complete an entry form. Once they are registered, they are given a link to the online registration forms to register dancers in each category they wish to take part in. There are different categories for dancers who dance in Teams, Battles and Crews. The category Battles is where the best dancers come together for the UK Hip Hop Dance Championship, where poppers, lockers from all styles compete for the national title.
The UK Street Dance Championship attracts large audiences to come and watch one of the biggest competitions for street dancers. Anyone can participate and come along to show off their dance skills to the audience. Everyone will be competing for the big money prizes with crews, duos, solos, locking, popping and breakdance.
To compete in World of Dance 2022, all contestants will need to fill an application form. The participants must upload a video of their routine and include a photo of themselves. If they’re lucky to get a call back for an audition, there is no mode traveling allowance for the audition. All participants should desire to travel at their own expense to the live callback audition in August/September 2022.
Poi is a content creator that has a podcast on her YouTube channel called "TheUnderratedRappers". While producing content, she also spends her time filming, editing and working besides artists.