The world has begun again, so should you.
Let’s face it, we can’t use the pandemic as an excuse to hide from our responsibilities anymore. The world is starting to get back into ‘the new normal’ which means dusting off those power suits and getting back to the grind. It can be intimidating, for two years we were thrown into multiple lockdowns. Most of us spent it lonely and unmotivated for anything.
But let’s not talk about that, lets focus on how we can shake ourselves out of the rut we landed in and become the bosses we once were.
You may be saying: ‘okay sounds good but where do I begin’ well don’t you worry because I’m here to help!
Now don’t get me wrong it wasn’t easy to find the willpower to start again, the pandemic took a toll on me physically and mentally, as I’m sure it did for a lot of you. But one thing that got me through it and off the starting line was remembering I wasn’t the only one beginning again. I realised it would take a LOT of effort and determination on my part as well as taking action instead of being all talk.
But enough about me, I’m here to help you. Read on to find out what you can do to take control of your life again.
Key steps to success:
- Staying motivated: Motivation is key, when feeling down, take a step back, take a deep breath and remind yourself of what you are working for and why. This is also key to keeping a positive mindset.
- Failure is key: It might not make much sense, but failure is an important step in the process. Failing reminds us that we are only human, mistakes are made, and THAT’S OKAY. It’s hard to see something you’ve planned so hard for not work out but use that frustration as fuel. Pick yourself back up and try again.
- Writing down your ambitions clearly: By writing down your end goal clearly you can visualise your journey better. Take the time to come up with a set of mini goals to achieve, this will help you stay Being able to clearly see your plans in front of you makes it easier to work through them.
- Accepting help: There’s no shame in asking for help or to receive it from those around you. We can’t do it all alone and we shouldn’t have to. Every person who is at the top will tell you at some point in their journey they had to stop and ask someone else to pick up some of the weight.
- Give it time: I think this may be the most important step of all. Most people start to lose hope if they don’t start seeing results within a few months of beginning their journey. One thing to remember is nothing of true greatness was built overnight. Stay patient and don’t focus too much on seeing the results, have faith in the plan you’ve set, and the results will soon show themselves.
- Hard work pays off: Hard work and determination are key to becoming successful. It’s hard to remember this in the age of social media and influencers, but you have to actually put in all your efforts to become successful still (unless you have a juicy trust fund or family connections). Always try to get up and push through even on the days you don’t feel your best. Trust me, your future self will thank you.
- Consistency: You MUST stay consistent to see the results you want. Whatever your goal is, if you decide to only put in the time and effort here and there you won’t see those results.
- Routines: Creating a routine is a very helpful way to stay motivated and constantly stay on top of your tasks and goals. Routines help set up habits, so with creating the right one you are setting yourself up to be more productive and positive. It’s the best way to see results quicker but as mentioned before don’t forget that hard work.
Now its all well and good knowing the key steps to success but how do you start enforcing them into your own lives? Read on to get some of the top tips I swear by:
- Practise what you preach: I noticed I did a lot of talking about what I wanted to achieve without actually acting upon it, so I started doing just that. Whatever I would say I was going to do, I would simply do it. Remember you won’t get anywhere if you don’t start.
- Writing out my goals and planning: One of the first things I did when deciding to work on my goals again was buy a planner and notebook. I sat down and wrote out all my desires for 2022 and what steps I would take to achieve them. I also started writing down all key dates and deadlines to help me keep a clear track of progress.
- Forgiving myself: I took the time to sit and reflect on all the negativity I had towards myself. Slowly I worked through the list, letting go of it all. Helping me find my self love and worth again. Remember you have to be your biggest fan.
- Not comparing myself to others: This has always been one of my biggest struggles. It’s hard not to look over at what others are doing and feeling like you’re behind, especially in the age of social media. One thing you have to remember is not everything we see is real. People tend to only post the good on socials not the bad and the ugly too.
- Therapy: Now this was the toughest step for me. I had never really believed in therapy but in hindsight it was my best decision. Being able to have someone help you work through your problem judgement free was a game changer, it helped me see how capable I really was if I just got out of my own head.
Now you know some of the best secrets to success, go out there and show the world what you are made of!
Lauren is a content writer that is creating her own book and aspires to become a published author. While writing content, she also spends her time performing as an actress for different projects presented to her.